Friday 9 March 2012

So much for New Year resolutions

Less than three months into the year and I’m already falling behind with my blog posts – eek! Skipping the excuses, without further ado here are some photos from my birding travels over the last few weekends...
Pagham Harbour – 19 Feb
A trip with the RSPB Bedford local group found us visiting Pagham Harbour and Selsey Bill on a chilly February day. I enjoyed seeing several Mediterranean Gulls in varying stages of summer plumage on the shore at Selsey Bill...



















Mind you, if I were a Mediterranean Gull, in weather like that I’d have made sure I was in the Mediterranean!
Holkham (and Titchwell) - 25 Feb
Following a perfect morning at RSPB Titchwell during which we saw Arctic Redpolls, Velvet Scoters and Lapland Buntings, we spent the afternoon at Holkham. Unfortunately we couldn’t find the Shore Larks which were the reason for our visit, but this Barn Owl out in the afternoon sunshine was a treat...
Red Kites - 03 March
One of the reasons I bought my new camera was to be able to get shots of birds in flight – something I can’t do with my little Sony compact. My favourite large raptor is the Red Kite so it was fitting that my first attempt at capturing a raptor overhead involved one of those – last Saturday on the way back from Rutland Water...


Not a brilliant photo I know [although you can always click to zoom in] – but much better than anything I could have managed before. Anyway, practice makes perfect [I hope].
Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment